When I was a teenager, in order for me to fit in with the crowd I was hanging around with, I had to pretend that I did not have as much abundance in my life as I did. I felt shame and guilt for my good fortune, so I pretended not to go to the good school I did and hid the truth that my family had as much money as they did.
Just becoming aware of these shame-based beliefs shifted them. I felt compassion for my teenage self for dimming my light back then. At that moment I released the old energy and created a new paradigm for myself.
Having my own family has also helped me shift that energy. In the past just having enough to cover expenses was fine; now that I have children I give myself permission to play a bigger role and have unlimited potential. And the universe has met me right there.
Money is just another form of energy. Because giving and receiving are equally important, holding onto money for reasons such as fear of losing it blocks the inflow as well as the outflow.
Perhaps your money blocks were created in childhood when you heard messages from parents, teachers, friends, or the larger society that shaped your unconscious beliefs and your feelings about what you deserve.
Examining Your Beliefs
- Money does not grow on trees
- They are filthy rich
- Who am I to earn this much money?
- This is too much
- Earning money is hard work
- I’m always broke
- Money is evil
- I’m bad with money
- I’m afraid of money
- Too much money will kill the harmony of relationships
- Too much money invites jealousy
Meditate on these Realities
- There is enough in the world for everyone to have enough
- There is no such thing as competition, so let go of your scarcity mentality
Together, let us create a beautiful union between mindfulness and our money stories to raise consciousness around for ourselves, our planet and our next generation.
Affirmations are amazing, find a couple that you love and that speak to your heart and soul
- Money and spirituality can co-exist in harmony
- I am willing, ready and able to receive money
- I am sensible with money and manage it wisely
- I allow my income to constantly expand and I always live in comfort and joy
They will feel aligned for as long as you need them then perhaps find one to raise your consciousness even more.